Who said cookie houses were strictly gingerbread? Create your own decadent chocolate holiday cookie house with ready-to-use icing, ruby glitter crystals, delightful peppermint candy, and other accents!
Net Wt: 27.75oz (1lb 11.75oz) 787g
Serving Size: 1/24th of package Serving Size Grams: 33g Servings Per Container: 24 MIX PREPARED Calories: 140 140 Calories From Fat: 30 30 Total Fat: 3g g Total Fat (%): 5% % Saturated Fat: 1g g Saturated Fat (%): 5% % Cholesterol: 0mg mg Cholesterol (%): 0% % Sodium: 40mg mg Sodium (%): 2% % Total Carbohydrate: 26g g Total Carbohydrate (%): 9% % Sugars: 16g g Dietary Fiber: <1g g Dietary Fiber (%): 2% % Protein: 1g g Vitamin A (%): 0% % Vitamin C (%): 0% % Calcium (%): 0% % Iron (%): 2% %INGREDIENTS:
Chocolate Cookie Pieces: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Amylase), Sugar, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Invert Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Skim Milk Powder, Baking Soda (leavening), Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin.
Ready-to-Use Icing: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Corn Syrup, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Titanium Dioxide Color, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).
Peppermint Crunch: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor (Peppermint), Red 40, Glycerin, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Lecithin.
Candy Beads: Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Calcium Stearate, Malic Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Corn Syrup, Resinous Glaze, Tapioca Dextrin, Carnauba Wax, Red 40.
Glitter Crystals: Sugar, Color Added, Confectioners’ Glaze, Red 40 Lake, Carnauba Wax.
Peppermint Wheels: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Titanium Dioxide Color, Red 40 Lake, Natural Peppermint Flavor.CONTAINS:
Wheat, Milk and Soy
Prepare your icing
1. Knead icing pouch for 1 minute to a soft, smooth consistency (figure 1).
2. Remove candies from pouches and set aside for decorating. Carefully remove cookie pieces from packaging and lay out on a flat surface with rough sides of cookies facing up.
3. To start the flow of icing, snip the tip of the icing pouch to a ¼-inch opening. Be careful not to cut the opening too large.
Build your house
1. Pipe a line of icing in the channels of the house platform (figure 2). Squeeze a thick line of icing next to the edge of the front house panel (figure 3) and insert into the house platform. Set side walls into channel and press against icing strips on the front house panel (figure 4). Finish house by icing back edge of back house panel, set in channel, and press against side walls. Allow to set 5 minutes before applying roof. HINT: If cookies crack during construction, use the icing to join broken pieces and let sit 10 minutes before continuing.
2. Pipe a strip of icing along the top edges of the house and edge of each roof piece. Attach roof panels to house and press together, holding in place for up to 1 minute. Allow assembled house to set for at least 10 minutes before decorating.
Decorate your house
Decorate house with icing and candies. (HINT: Squeeze some icing into a sandwich bag and snip a small corner for fine detailing.) The house platform may be decorated as well. Allow house to dry completely before carefully moving.
Yield: 1 Chocolate Peppermint Holiday House