Complete with pretzel logs and edible moose marshmallows, this kit comes with everything you need to design your own Cabin in the Woods! Follow the decoration instructions on the box or create your own unique pattern to show off your decorating skills!
Net Wt: 27.3 oz (1lb 11.3oz) 774g
Serving Size: 1/32 of Package Serving Size Grams: 24g Servings Per Container: 32 MIX PREPARED Calories: 100 130 Calories From Fat: 20 35 Total Fat: 2.5g 4g Total Fat (%): 4% 6% Saturated Fat: 1g 2g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 10% Cholesterol: 0mg <5mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 1% Sodium: 90mg 90mg Sodium (%): 4% 4% Total Carbohydrate: 19g 22g Total Carbohydrate (%): 6% 7% Sugars: 10g 14g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 1g 1g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Cookies: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Amylase), Sugar, Vegetable Oil Shortening (Palm and Modified Palm Oil), Molasses, Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger), Baking Soda (Leavening), Salt.
Ready-to-Use Icing: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Corn Syrup, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Titanium Dioxide Color, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).
Candy Beads: Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Calcium Stearate, Malic Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Corn Syrup, Resinous Glaze, Tapioca Dextrin, Carnauba Wax, Red 40.
Pretzels: Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Malt, Salt, Soybean Oil, Yeast.
Marshmallows: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Gelatin, Sorbitol, Corn Starch, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Carnauba Wax, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Yellow 5, Blue 1.CONTAINS:
You will need:
For green frosting
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP. milk
Prepare your icing
1.Knead icing pouch for 1 minute to a soft, smooth consistency (Figure 1).
2.Remove candies and pretzels from pouches and set aside for decorating. Carefully remove cookie pieces from packaging and lay out on a flat surface with rough sides of cookies facing up.
3.To start the flow of icing, snip a corner of the icing pouch to a ¼-inch opening. Be careful not to cut the opening too large.
Build your cabin
1. Pipe a line of frosting in the channels of the cabin platform (Figure 2). Squeeze a thick line of icing on the back edge of the front cabin panel (Figure 3) and insert into the cabin platform. Set side walls into channel and press against icing strips on the front cabin panel (Figure 4). Finish cabin by icing back edge of back cabin panel, set in channel, and press against side walls. Allow to set 5 minutes before applying roof. HINT: If cookies crack during construction, use the icing to join broken pieces and let sit 10 minutes before continuing.
2. Pipe a strip of icing along the top edges of the cabin and edge of each roof piece. Attach roof panels to cabin and press together, holding in place for 1 minute. Assemble chimney by breaking cookies at score line, add a dab of icing on rough side of cookie, and sandwich together. Pipe a line of icing on the bottom angle of the chimney and press gently on to the roof. Allow assembled cabin to set for at least 10 minutes before decorating.
1. Beat room temperature butter with mixer on HIGH until light and fluffy,
about 1 minute.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined.
3. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy. The frosting should remain somewhat stiff.
4. Drape a piping bag over edges of a glass to make filling easier and use a spatula to fill with green frosting. Fill second piping bag in the same manner with remaining white icing from foil pouch. Cut a small tip off of each piping bag, twist top to close, and set aside.
Decorate your cabin with white icing, green frosting, pretzel pieces and candy beads. Refer to box for inspiration. Pine trees can be constructed by squeezing green frosting on top of mini pretzel logs, letting frosting set between applications to create height. Create a snowy woodpile near the side of the cabin with mini pretzel logs and icing. Secure marshmallow pieces to platform with a dollop of icing. The cabin platform may be decorated as well. HINT: The back of the box doubles as a wintery backdrop for your cabin! Allow cabin to dry completely before carefully moving.
Yield: 1 Cabin in the Woods Gingerbread House