This holiday season, fight with your cookies not your relatives! You can make your gingerbread cookies look action-packed with ninja-shaped cutters and festive candy beads!
Net Wt: 9.50 oz (269g)
Serving Size: 1/10 of package Serving Size Grams: 27g Servings Per Container: 10 MIX PREPARED Calories: 100 170 Calories From Fat: 0 20 Total Fat: 0g 2.5g Total Fat (%): 0% 4% Saturated Fat: 0g 1.5g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 8% Cholesterol: 0mg 5mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 2% Sodium: 75mg 80mg Sodium (%): 3% 3% Total Carbohydrate: 22g 35g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 12% Sugars: 10g 22g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 2% 2% Protein: 2g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 2% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 2% 2% Iron (%): 6% 6%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Brown Sugar (Sugar, Cane Syrups), Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Allspice), Baking Soda, Salt, Silicon Dioxide.
Candy Beads: Dextrose, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Calcium Stearate, Tapioca Dextrin, Titanium Dioxide Color, Confectioner’s Glaze, Carnauba Wax, Artificial Flavors, Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1.
Royal Icing Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Dried Egg Whites, Cream of Tartar, Natural And Artificial Flavor.CONTAINS:
Wheat and Egg
You will need:
For gingerbread cookies:
2 TBSP. room temperature butter
1/4 cup honey
1 TBSP. plus 1 tsp. water
For royal icing:
2 ½ tsp. water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash cutters with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Combine cookie mix, room temperature butter, honey and water*. Mix until well-blended, 2 to 3 minutes; dough takes some time to come together. Allow to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll cookie dough to 3/16-inch thick. Cut into shapes with Ninja cutters, gathering and rerolling as necessary. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden. HINT: Thicker cookies will need longer to bake while thinner cookies will bake faster.
5. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. Dissolve icing mix and water in a mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix with a fork until smooth.
2. Spoon icing into piping bag. HINT: Drape edges of bag over glass to make filling easier. Cut off a small tip and pipe detail onto Ninjabread Cookies.
1. Empty candy beads into a small bowl. Secure to cookies with icing. Icing will harden in 30 minutes and dry completely in 45 minutes.
Enjoy! Fight the urge to save your Ninjabread Cookies. These warriors are best eaten the same day.
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 2 TBSP. flour to mix; increase water to 1/4 cup.
Yield: 10 – 12 Ninjabread Cookies