Net Wt: 9.5oz (269g)
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 22g Servings Per Container: 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 80 120 Calories From Fat: 0 40 Total Fat: 0g 4.5g Total Fat (%): 0% 7% Saturated Fat: 0g 2.5g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 12% Cholesterol: 0mg 25mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 8% Sodium: 65mg 75mg Sodium (%): 3% 3% Total Carbohydrate: 19g 19g Total Carbohydrate (%): 6% 6% Sugars: 10g 10g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 2% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Red 40, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.CONTAINS:
You will need:
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
toothpick or butter knife, optional, for decorating
1. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray. Wash cutter in warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
2. Combine cookie mix, butter and egg* in large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Form dough into a ball and place on floured surface.
3. Divide dough evenly into four parts. Form a well in the center of one dough portion and create orange by mixing 1/3 of the red color powder and 1/3 of the yellow color powder, kneading by hand until color is incorporated. To make green, mix 1/3 of the yellow color powder with 1/3 of the blue color powder. Use remaining red and yellow color powders to create primary red and yellow. HINT: Color powders are strong; start with small amounts and adjust once color has been mixed thoroughly into the dough. Wash hands and bowl to remove any color before repeating process with remaining color powders.
4. Pinch off small pieces of each color of dough and press next together onto lightly floured surface. Roll to 3/16-inch thick to blend and cut shapes with cutter, gathering and rerolling dough as needed. HINT: If dough becomes sticky, place in refrigerator for 10 minutes and flour rolling pin and dough liberally.
5. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. If desired, press a toothpick or butter knife into dough to create veins on leaves. Chill in the refrigerator while oven preheats to help cookies retain their shape.
6. Preheat conventional oven to 350˚F. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until done. Baking time will vary depending on thickness of cookies – be sure to monitor cookies while baking and remove when edges are slightly golden. HINT: Cookie colors darken as they bake; do not over bake. Allow to cool for 1 minute on baking sheet then move cookies to rack and cool completely. Place on serving platter enjoy!
* High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 3 TBSP flour and 2 TBSP water to mix. Mix as directed. Place dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes before beginning rolling process.
Yield: 12 Autumn Leaves Sugar Cookies