This Halloween, impress your guests with creepy brain cupcakes! Yummy vanilla cupcakes topped with gooey pink vanilla frosting make for the perfect scare when placed in skull cupcake aprons. What does your brain look like?
Net Wt: 11.5oz (326g)
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 27g Servings Per Container: 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 300 Calories From Fat: 20 130 Total Fat: 2g 14g Total Fat (%): 3% 22% Saturated Fat: 1g 9g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 45% Cholesterol: 0mg 60mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 20% Sodium: 170mg 180mg Sodium (%): 7% 8% Total Carbohydrate: 22g 42g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 14%% Sugars: 13g 33g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: <1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 8% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 4% 6% Iron (%): 4% 6%INGREDIENTS:
Cupcake Mix: Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Skim Milk Solids, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Emulsifier (Monoglycerides, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid), Baking Soda, Salt.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40.CONTAINS:
Wheat and Milk
You will need:
4 TBSP room temperature butter
½ cup water
8 TBSP room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
12 baking liners (not included)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with baking liners (not included).
2. Using an electric mixer, combine cupcake mix, water, butter, and eggs* in mixing bowl. Mix until well-combined. Distribute batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
3. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
4. Assemble aprons by interlocking ends and sit one cupcake in each apron.
1. Beat room temperature butter with mixer on HIGH until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined.
3. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
4. Drape the piping bag over edges of a glass to make filling easier and use a spatula to fill with frosting. Cut ¾ inch off the tip of the bag, twist the top of the piping bag to close, and gently squeeze frosting to the tip.
5. Pipe a ring of frosting on each cupcake (fig.1). Next, start at the top of the cupcake and make a vertical line of frosting down the middle (fig.2). Then zig zag back to where you started (fig.3). Repeat the line and zig zag on the other half to finish the Brains! (fig 4). Place on serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft): Add ½ cup flour to mix; decrease water to 1/3 cup. Mix only until well-blended. Makes 15.
Yield 12 Brains! Cupcakes