Trailer Park Santa certainly creates scene worth a thousand words! Have some light-hearted fun this holiday season and help Santa relax in his mobile oasis. Kit includes candy and printed pieces for decoration.
Net Wt: 23.75 oz (1lb 7.75oz) 673g
Serving Size: 1/24th of package Serving Size Grams: 28g Servings Per Container: about 24 MIX PREPARED Calories: 120 120 Calories From Fat: 25 25 Total Fat: 3g 3g Total Fat (%): 5% 5% Saturated Fat: 1.5g 1.5g Saturated Fat (%): 8% 8% Cholesterol: 0mg 0mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 0% Sodium: 80mg 80mg Sodium (%): 3% 3% Total Carbohydrate: 22g 22g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 7% Sugars: 13g 13g Dietary Fiber: 0 0 Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: <1g <1g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Gingerbread Cookies: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Amylase), Sugar, Vegetable Oil Shortening (Palm and Modified Palm Oil), Molasses, Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger), Baking Soda, Salt.
Ready-to-Use Icing: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Corn Syrup, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Titanium Dioxide Color, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).
Ready-to-Use Icing: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Corn Syrup, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5.
Candy Bulbs: Dextrose, Corn Starch, Dextrin, Magnesium Stearate, Shellac, Artificial Flavor, Gum Arabic, Red 40, Blue 1, Red 3, Yellow 5, Carnauba Wax, Yellow 6.
Candy Beads: Dextrose, Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Magnesium Stearate, Shellac,Artificial Flavors, Gum Arabic, Yellow 5, Red 40, Carnauba Wax, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Red 3.
Marshmallow Flamingo: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Gelatin, Sorbitol, Corn Starch, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Carnauba Wax, Red 40, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Peppermint Wheels: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Natural Peppermint Flavor, Red 40.
Gumdrops: Corn Syrup, Sugar, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Artificial and Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1.CONTAINS:
You will need:
1 large cutting board or platter, for use as base
small bowl for mixing icing
plastic resealable sandwich bag, optional, for decorating
*Before decorating, read directions all the way through to ensure complete understanding.
*We recommend decorating on the smooth side of the cookie, however, if you are feeling inspired to create your own design, flip the cookies around and decorate on the rough side!
1. Knead icing pouches. Remove candies and paper pieces from pouches and set aside. Carefully remove cookie pieces from packaging and lay out on counter (see Kit Includes for reference).
2. Cut a 1/4 inch tip off of the white icing pouch. Pipe a line of icing along the bottom edge of the front piece A. Pipe a line of icing along bottom edge of end piece C (see Figure 1). Stand front and end pieces onto platter (smooth sides facing out) and press edge of piece C onto front piece (see Figure 2). Hold for a few minutes to set. Repeat process with remaining back and end pieces B & D. Allow trailer to set for 10 minutes before continuing.
3. Pop satellite up from roof piece by pressing along perforated lines. Once trailer has set, pipe a line of icing along top edges and carefully press roof piece into position. Hold for a minute and allow to set.
4. Break cinderblock pieces F apart to create 4 separate cookies. Pipe a line of white icing along the edges of one of the cinderblock pieces and place a matching piece on top, rough side to rough side, (see Figure 3). Repeat with remaining 2 pieces to create 2 cinderblock supports for the sleigh. Allow to set for a few minutes.
5. Squeeze approximately 2 TBSP. of white icing into a small bowl. Cut a small tip off of the black icing pouch and squeeze a gumdrop-sized amount into the bowl. Mix well to blend to a gray color. Use a small butter knife to spread onto all 4 smooth sides of each cinder block base and set aside to dry. Refer to box for inspiration.
6. Drape edges of the piping bag over a tall glass to hold open and empty remaining contents of black icing pouch into piping bag. Twist top to close and cut a small tip off the bottom. HINT: Do not cut the tip too large; it is better to cut smaller than you think and adjust accordingly.
7. Squeeze some white icing into a resealable sandwich bag and cut a small tip for fine detailing. Decorate trailer and sleigh piece E with icings; secure candies with dabs of icing. Gumdrops can easily be cut into smaller pieces for use as shutters and walkways. HINT: Use a rolling pin to flatten gumdrops on a smooth surface dusted with granulated sugar. Peppermint wheels can be cut with a serrated knife as needed. Marshmallow flamingo can be iced to platter, side of trailer or to half of a peppermint candy to stand upright. HINT: Coconut flakes tinted with green food coloring make fun, overgrown grass.
8. Once sleigh décor has dried, pipe a line of icing in the groove on top of cinderblocks and stand sleigh in place (see Figure 4). Hold to set for 1 minute.
9. Insert each paper piece into a plastic stand and position around trailer as desired. Allow trailer park pieces to dry for 1 hour before carefully moving, if necessary.
* Remove paper roof prior to consuming.
Yield: 1 Trailer Park Santa Gingerbread Cookie Kit