Your favorite texting emoticon can now be sent to your friends as a tasty treat! These delicious chocolate Poo Meringue cookies are as fun to make as they are to eat. Keep them allto yourself or share them with friends, it’s up to poo!
Net Wt: 5.58oz (158g)
Serving Size: 1/14 of package Serving Size Grams: 11g Servings Per Container: 14 MIX PREPARED Calories: 40 45 Calories From Fat: 0 0 Total Fat: 0g 0g Total Fat (%): 0% 0% Saturated Fat: 0g 0g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 0% Cholesterol: 0mg 0mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 0% Sodium: 0mg 10mg Sodium (%): 0% 0% Total Carbohydrate: 10g 11g Total Carbohydrate (%): 3% 4% Sugars: 10g 10g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 0g <1g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 0% 0%INGREDIENTS:
Meringue Mix: Sugar, Cream of Tartar, Cocoa Powder (processed with alkali), Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Icing Pen: Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil and/or Palm Oil and Canola Oil, Water, Corn Syrup, Mono and Diglycerides, Titanium Dioxide Color, Salt, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Polysorbate 60, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid.
Candy Eyes: Dextrose, Corn Starch, Dextrin, Sugar, Magnesium Stearate, Red 40, Shellac, Yellow 5, Gum Arabic, Glycerin, Artificial Flavor, Carnauba Wax, Blue 1, Gelatin (Pork).CONTAINS:
You will need
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
parchment paper to line baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 200˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whip egg whites in stand mixer with whisk attachment for one minute on MEDIUM until opaque and bubbly. Gradually add pouch with mixer on LOW, stopping occasionally to scrape down from sides. Whip on HIGH until stiff peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Stand piping bag in a tall glass and pull down over edges to make filling easier. Use a spatula to gently fill with meringue mixture.
4. Cut an inch off of the end of the piping bag and gently squeeze meringue mixture to the tip. Holding the piping bag perpendicular to the parchment paper, pipe a small mound about 1 ½ inches in diameter, then lift tip a bit to pipe another smaller mound, and one more on top of that. Stop squeezing meringue and lift tip from mixture to create a small swirl. Repeat to make 14 poo shapes.
5. Bake at 200˚F for 90 minutes. Meringues are done when they release easily from the parchment paper, feel dry and airy to the touch, and are uniformly colored on the bottom.
6. Turn oven off, crack open door, and let cool at least 30 to 60 minutes to slowly come to room temperature.
7. Cut small tip off of the icing pen and use to secure candy eyes. Draw a smile on each Poo Meringue Cookie, referring to box for inspiration. Place on a serving platter and enjoy!
Hints for successful meringue baking:
*Ensure there is absolutely no yolk in the bowl, as this will prevent egg whites from stiffening.
*Use a clean bowl and whisk free from any cooking spray or grease.
*Do not bake on a humid day; meringues are extremely susceptible to humidity and will become sticky and soft.
*Bake long and slow, and allow for a long cool down per instructions—do not rush meringues to room temperature or they will crack.
Yield: 14 Poo Meringue Cookies