Ever imagined that Santa has a secret life? We thought he might like to kick some butt as a super Samurai! This unique cookie kit features sweet sugar cookie mix and royal icing.
Net Wt: 10.0 oz (284g)
Serving Size: 1/8th of package Serving Size Grams: 35g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 130 330 Calories From Fat: 0 110 Total Fat: 0g 12g Total Fat (%): 0% 18% Saturated Fat: 0g 7g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 35% Cholesterol: 0mg 55mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 18% Sodium: 115mg 125mg Sodium (%): 5% 5% Total Carbohydrate: 30g 53g Total Carbohydrate (%): 10% 18% Sugars: 16g 38g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 2g 3g Vitamin A (%): 0% 8% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 2% Iron (%): 4% 6%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors.
Royal Icing Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Dried Egg Whites, Cream of Tartar, Natural And Artificial Flavor.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.CONTAINS:
Wheat and Egg
You will need:
4 TBSP room temperature butter
For royal icing:
3 1/2 tsp. water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
For vanilla frosting:
4 TBSP room temperature butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash cutters with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Combine cookie mix, room temperature butter, and egg*. Mix until well-blended.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll cookie dough to 3/16-inch thick or desired thickness. Cut into shapes with cutters, gathering and rerolling as necessary. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. HINT: Thicker cookies will need longer to bake while thinner cookies will bake faster.
5. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. Dissolve royal icing mix, red color powder and water in a mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix with a fork until smooth. Drape edges of one piping bag over a glass and transfer icing to bag. Twist top of bag to close and set aside.
2. To make frostings, use an electric mixer to beat room temperature butter on HIGH for one minute, or until light and fluffy.
3. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar and mix on LOW just until combined. Add milk and beat frosting on HIGH for 1 minute until creamy.
4. Divide frosting in half and add contents of black color powder to one bowl, whisking well to combine. NOTE: Color will darken as it dries. Transfer both colors of frosting to piping bags in the same manner as above.
1. Cut a small tip off of the red royal icing piping bag and pipe clothing onto cookies. HINT: Squeeze a quarter-sized dab of icing onto cookie and use a small spatula or kitchen knife to smooth the surface. Allow icing to dry 10 minutes.
2. Cut small tips off of the white and black piping bags and pipe samurai facial features. HINT: Do not cut the openings too large, you can always adjust once the faces are in place. Add fluffy beards, mittens, and kickin’ boots to your black belt baked goods. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft): Add 3 TBSP flour and 2 TBSP water to mix. Mix as directed. Place dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes before beginning rolling process.
Yield: 8 Samurai Santa Sugar Cookies