This Halloween, the undead have been transformed into overstuffed, creepy cupcakes! The Zombies! Stuffed Cupcake Kit features sweet vanilla cupcakes, decorated by you to feature their splitting personalities.
Net Wt: 12oz (340g)
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 28g Servings Per Container: 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 450 Calories From Fat: 20 190 Total Fat: 2.5g 22g Total Fat (%): 4% 34% Saturated Fat: 1g 12g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 60% Cholesterol: 0mg 70mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 23% Sodium: 170mg 180mg Sodium (%): 7% 8% Total Carbohydrate: 22g 62g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 21% Sugars: 12g 52g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 3% 3% Protein: 1g 3g Vitamin A (%): 0% 10% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 4% 6% Iron (%): 6% 8%INGREDIENTS:
Cupcake Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Skim Milk Solids, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Emulsifier (Monoglycerides, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid), Baking Soda, Salt.
Chocolate Frosting Mix: Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Light PurpleFrosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 3, Blue 1.CONTAINS:
Wheat and Milk
For Cupcakes: For Purple Frosting:
4 TBSP room temperature butter 8 TBSP room temperature butter
½ cup water 2 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs 2 TBSP milk
For Chocolate Frosting:
4 TBSP room temperature butter
4 TBSP vegetable shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
12 baking liners (not included)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with baking liners (not included).
2. Using an electric mixer, combine cupcake mix, water, butter, and eggs* in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Distribute batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
3. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Make Purple Frosting
1. Beat room temperature butter with mixer on HIGH until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined.
3. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
4. Drape one of the piping bags over edges of a glass to make filling easier and use a spatula to fill with frosting. Cut 3/4 inch off the tip of the bag, twist the top of the piping bag to close, and set aside.
Make Chocolate Frosting
1. Follow steps 1-3 above, adding vegetable shortening with the butter.
2. Cut 1 1/2 inches off the tip of the second piping bag. Drop decorating tip into bag and push down firmly (half of tip should be exposed). Insert bag into a tall glass and pull down over the edge of the glass to hold it open. Use a spatula to fill with frosting. Twist top of bag to secure and set aside.
1. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a cereal spoon to hollow out each one: Insert the spoon at a slight angle 1/4-inch from the edge of the cupcake and gently cut a circle. Use the spoon to hollow out approximately 2/3 of each cupcake and discard cake. Be sure not to cut through the bottom of the cupcake.
2. Assemble aprons by interlocking ends and sit one cupcake in each apron.
3. Gently squeeze purple frosting into the center of each cupcake. Create a partial brain by piping a D-shaped ring of frosting on each cupcake (fig.1). Next zig zag left to right, starting from the front moving to the back (fig.2).
4. Create tufts of hair by gently squeezing the piping bag containing the chocolate frosting onto a cupcake and releasing when the “hair” is long enough for your liking. (fig.3). Cover half of each cupcake. Place Zombie Cupcakes on a serving platter and share the scare.
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft): Add ½ cup flour to mix; decrease water to 1/3 cup. Mix only until well-blended. Makes 15.
Yield 12 Zombies! Stuffed Cupcakes