Create your own tacky yet delicious masterpiece… Hanukkah style!
Net Wt: 10.5 oz (298g)
Serving Size: 1/8th of package Serving Size Grams: 37g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 140 420 Calories From Fat: 10 170 Total Fat: 1g 19g Total Fat (%): 2% 29% Saturated Fat: 0g 11g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 55% Cholesterol: 0mg 70mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 23% Sodium: 110mg 125mg Sodium (%): 5% 5% Total Carbohydrate: 31g 61g Total Carbohydrate (%): 10% 20% Sugars: 16g 46g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 2g 3g Vitamin A (%): 0% 10% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 2% Iron (%): 4% 6%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt.
Hanukkah Sprinkles: Sugar, Corn Starch, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Soy Lecithin, Confectioner’s Glaze, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Carnauba Wax.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.CONTAINS:
Wheat and Soy
You will need:
For sugar cookies:
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
For vanilla frosting:
8 TBSP. room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash cutter with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Combine cookie mix, room temperature butter, and egg*. Mix until well blended.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and turn to coat both sides. Roll cookie dough to 3/16-inch thick. Cut sweater shapes with included cutter, rerolling dough as needed. HINT: If dough becomes sticky, place in fridge for 10 minutes and flour rolling pin and dough liberally.
4. Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden. HINT: Thicker cookies will need longer to bake while thinner cookies will get done faster.
5. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. Use an electric mixer to beat room temperature butter on HIGH for one minute, or until light and fluffy. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add milk and beat frosting on HIGH for 1 minute until creamy.
2. Insert one of the piping bags into a glass and pull edges over rim of glass to hold bag open. Use a spatula to fill with 1/3 of the frosting. Twist top of the piping bag to close, cut a small tip, and set aside. HINT: Start with a small tip for detailing. You can always make it larger.
3. Divide remaining frosting in half and place in mixing bowls. Empty contents of one color powder packet into each bowl and mix until color is evenly distributed and bright. Twist top of each piping bag to close, cut a small tip, and set aside. Empty sprinkles into a small bowl.
Embellish Hanukkah Ugly Sweaters with menorahs, dreidels and other fun designs. HINT: To cover large areas more quickly, squeeze a dime-sized dollop of frosting onto cookie and spread using a small offset spatula or knife. Accent cookies with sprinkles. Place your Hanukkah Ugly Sweaters on a serving platter and enjoy a festive treat!
* High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 3 TBSP. flour and 2 TBSP. water to mix. Mix as directed. Place dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes before beginning rolling process.
Yield: 8-10 Hanukkah Ugly Sweater Cookies