This unique kit features your favorite elements of a holiday nativity scene. Complete with a scenic background image, you can decorate and display your cookies for all to see!
Net Wt: 19oz (1lb 3oz) 539g
Serving Size: 1/18 of package Serving Size Grams: 30g Servings Per Container: about 18 MIX PREPARED Calories: 130 130 Calories From Fat: 25 25 Total Fat: 3g 3g Total Fat (%): 5% 5% Saturated Fat: 1.5g 1.5g Saturated Fat (%): 8% 8% Cholesterol: 0mg 0mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 0% Sodium: 85mg 85mg Sodium (%): 4% 4% Total Carbohydrate: 24g 24g Total Carbohydrate (%): 8% 8% Sugars: 15g 15g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: <1g <1g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Gingerbread Cookie Set: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Amylase), Sugar, Vegetable Oil Shortening (Palm and Modified Palm Oil), Molasses, Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger), Baking Soda (Leavening), Salt.
Ready-to-Use Icing: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Water, Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil), Corn Syrup, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Titanium Dioxide Color, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).
Silver Sugar: Sugar, Color Added, Confectioner’s Glaze, Carnauba Wax, Blue 2, Yellow 6, Red 40.
Blue Sugar: Sugar, Confectioner’s Glaze, Blue 1 Lake, Carnauba Wax.
White Sugar: Sugar, Color Added, Confectioner’s Glaze, Carnauba Wax.CONTAINS:
You will need:
Platter or cutting board to be used as base for assembly and presentation, optional
ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED
1. Read directions all the way through before beginning. Carefully remove cookie pieces from packaging and lay out on a flat surface with smooth side of cookies facing up. Refer to diagram to help identify all pieces to be used in assembly. Empty sugars into small bowls.
2. Knead icing pouch for 1 minute to a soft, smooth consistency. Cut a corner off the pouch and transfer 3/4 of icing to piping bag, saving remaining icing for later use. HINT: Drape the piping bag over edges of a glass to make filling easier and use a spatula to fill with icing. Cut a small tip off piping bag and twist top to close. Do not cut the opening too large!
3. Pipe icing onto each cookie as desired. Use a butter knife to spread icing over larger areas. Immediately press sugars onto icing and tap off excess. HINT: For easier cleanup, place cookies on rimmed baking pan before applying sugars. Sugars applied to fine lines of icing may need to be pressed into place with the aid of a toothpick or butter knife. Refer to box for inspiration. Transfer reserved icing from foil pouch into piping bag, twist top to close, and set aside for later. Allow cookies to dry completely, approximately 30 minutes.
Assemble Nativity scene
1. Gently run a plastic knife or the straight edge of a ruler over the score lines of the cookie easels and break into 10 pieces. You will have 1 extra piece.
2. When decorated cookies have set, pipe a thick line of icing onto one of the perpendicular sides of an easel. Center it onto the back of a Nativity cookie, ensuring both the bottom of the cookie as well as the easel rests firmly on a flat surface or counter. A raised-edge baking pan or kitchen counter wall makes a fine support. Repeat with all cookies and easels and allow to dry 30 minutes before carefully moving.
3. Arrange Nativity scene on platter or cutting board (if using) in front of crèche backdrop. Admire and enjoy!
Yield: 1 RTE Gingerbread Nativity Scene